Here we are! The 8th season of the American television drama One Tree Hill is launched! The show airs Tuesdays at 8pm on the CW and the season premiers Tuesday, September 14, 2010.

9/15/2010

OTH 801-Asleep at Heaven's Gate

To make sure that we didn't forget what happened at the end of the previous season, the first episode begins with a replay of the final scenes from last year's finale. As I've already said in my precedent recap, Haley announces her pregnancy, Brooke and Julian are engaged, Alex and Chase are dating (but Mia is back!) and finally, Clay and Quinn are between life and death after Katie shot them down.

I was expected a lot from this season opening but it disappointed me... No action, a storyline based on couples and a stupid gun shot plot.

The main characters for this first episode were Quinn and Clay (which pissed me off because this couple is extremely boring!). They spent the whole episode at the beach kissing each other to finally realize that they were just dreaming and that this gun shot thing really happened! Is Mark Schwahn an Inception movie fan? Anyway, their fates remain undetermined and I would love a dramatic ending!

Now, let's take a look at the other characters.
I was glad to see a happy Naley couple, especially after this long period of depression for Haley... I'm sure her new pregnancy will reinforce their relationship. They have been the "strong couple" during almost all the past seasons and they bring a certain stability to the show. But it seems that one of them will have to face a medical problem as we see both Nathan and Haley visiting doctors (Haley for a pregnancy checkup and Nathan for his physical before leaving for the NBA) and receive the same answer "I just want to do some tests", after asking if everything was okay... Will Haley have a problem with the baby? Or will Nathan face a new physical problem which could compromise his NBA career?

Brooke and Julian (my favorite couple) are enjoying their new "married" status and seem happier than ever, spending all the show in their bed trying to have a baby... Uh, hold on... I thought Brooke was sterile!?
But, then Brooke got arrested by the police for money-related crimes concerning her company Clothes Over Bros. Obviously, she has nothing to do with that and she will learn that her mother, Victoria, and Millicent are responsible for everything. They lied about how much money the company makes to their investors to better support the launch of Clothes Over Bros' men clothing line: Clothes 4 Bros. Will Brooke be broke again, like in season 4? To my mind, it could be an interesting thing. The "poor Brooke" was much funnier than the "CEO Brooke".


This season, we also have a new love triangle: Chase, Mia and Alex. I don't really know if it is a good idea because it feels like another "copy-paste" from the past seasons... But I definitely like Alex's behavior and temper! She reminds me Rachel Gatina and spices up the show!


I was pleasantly surprised by Mark Schwahn's decision to bring back the old One Tree Hill theme song "I Don't Want to Be". It was the real good news of the episode! The song will be performed by different artists during the season. Sounds great!

Don't forget to tell me what you thought about this first episode!

2 comments:

  1. Hola ! =D
    I have read your article, and I not agree on the fact that Clay and Quinn' couple is boring !
    I love them ! They are amazing, it's change than Lucas and Peyton : "You always saving me", "I love you, me either" and lover's relations of Lucas : Brooke, Peyton, Brooke, Peyton, Lindsey, Peyton and bla bla bla... it’s always the same thing, THAT is boring ! I was rather satisfied that both leave the serie..

    Otherwise, Nathan is a great guy, and I love this character since the season 1 =)

    By concerning others characters, I am happy for Brooke, she deserves her relation with Julian ! I apreciate Alex, like you, because she makes me laugh, and relaxs the atmosphere . However, I find the story between Mouth and Millicent ridiculous, and a little bit stupid. Not you ?

    I was pleasantly surprised too, because I missed this beautiful song by Gavin Degraw !

    To finish, your blog is awesome, continue like that.

    PS : Sorry if there are faults… =$

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juw'09! Thanks for your comment. I won't change my mind concerning Clay and Quinn but I have to admit that Quinn is getting more interesting in the new episodes (especially the 811 when she fights with psycho Katie!).
    Thanks for sharing your opinion about the show, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete